Friday, December 7, 2007

Spot#1 Bukit Shahbandar, Jerudong, Muara-Tutong Highway

"We shared a moment that will last a long time"

Terrain: Trails, Hills

4 years ago, when I first started to try and get in shape and after weeks of running on the treadmill and on flat roads, my brother-in-law introduced me to Bukit Shahbandar. I was looking to push my physical limits then. I remember that first time was very difficult but I nevertheless fell in love with it, returned back for more and thus began my love affair with it.

Now everytime I came back to it, and especially after a long layoff, I always felt a sense of renewal of being. Of my belief, of my purpose and mission in life and of how incredibly lucky I am to have the love of my family.

The trails itself has seen some development with the addition of concrete steps and where before possibly only core trail runners frequents it, now the place is crowded by weekend warriors and people from all walks of life. Walk it or run through the many hills, the trails do require some effort and will leave you breathless, either or both with its views and built-in interval training routes.

Be aware of its otherworldly inhabitants though. The area has a way of drawing you into its depth so stay on the well marked paths. Leave by 6.30pm or as soon as it gets dark!

No comments: